9.02.2003

Do I really think I'll finish reading Mizora? This 19th Century feminist utopian novel isn't very long, but it's not something I'm actually interested in. What's the point? Do I just want to have pretentious literature bowing my shelves? That's probably it. But having interesting things around helps stimulate ideas... I completely overhauled a painting I'd started about 9 months ago. I've never been happy with it - a bit too simple - but someone gave me the idea to use a palette knife for a thicker look, and now it's powerful. It's one of those pictures that's ambiguously disturbing. In other news, I have some ideas for writing a one-act play, and have decided to start submitting more of my writing to different lit mags. Keeping most of my art to myself, hidden under wing, seems selfish. I should share.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?