8.18.2004

My soul has always been in tune with environmental rhythm. The incessant but steady chirp-chirp of my clock's alarm, the hump-chika-hump of a clothes dryer, and - as I discovered this morning - the tik-ticka-tick-ticka-tik of a gas pump. These sound seem to beckon me to become one with nature. The funny thing is none of these sounds are technically part of nature; instead they are of technology. Still, they surround me every day, filling me. Mental rhythms keep time, inventing bass lines and drum fills along the way.

My favourite orchestra performs in my kitchen, where egg timers, buzzing fridges, and a dripping tap perform a daily, cacaphonous symphony. I would love to warm the sound by somehow recording my digestive noises, which are set to their own indigenous rhythm, my heartbeat.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?